Como GP was established with key guiding principles that all staff members strive to achieve:
- Quality: We strive to achieve world class standards of Medical Care, continually keep up to date in our knowledge and undertake regular measuring of our performance.
- Service: We strive to exceed our patient’s expectations.
- Compassion: We provide an empathetic and supportive environment for our patients and their families.
- Integrity: We aim to deliver the highest professional standards and moral principles with a commitment to confidentiality, honesty, respect and transparency.
- Teamwork: We collaborate and share knowledge to benefit our patients, staff and colleagues.
- Innovation: We welcome change and encourage innovation so that we develop more efficient ways to deliver you the best possible service.
Reminders and Recalls
The practice has a system that recalls patients for significant pathology results and reminders for regular health checks.
Test results are only given in person during a consultation, with the exception of normal Pap smear results. This policy is to ensure your privacy is protected and risk management of abnormal results is optimal. No results will be given over the phone, emailed or faxed to a patient. Results will be forwarded to other treating doctors if requested by them in writing.
Please provide as much notice as possible if you cancel your appointment. This will allow us to fill your cancelled timeslot and provide care for another patient that may not otherwise be seen.
No fee will be incurred for cancellations 24 hours from your appointment. However, a fee may be incurred for late cancellations or missing a booked appointment.
Any fee incurred must be paid prior to further appointments with any of the doctors at Como GP.
Transfer of Records from Como GP
Transfer of records to another practice can be arranged after a written authority is received. Data transferred on a disc is preferred and will incur a $20 administrative fee. A paper copy is also offered but an administrative fee of $20-$40 will be incurred depending on the size of the file and postage cost.
We welcome feedback and endeavour to resolve complaints to the best of our ability.
We are always interested in hearing about ways to improve our service and welcome contributions to our suggestion box or in person to our friendly reception staff.
If you are not happy with any aspect of service provided to you there is an option to make a formal complaint through the Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO) if you feel the matter has not been dealt with by the practice to your satisfaction.
The Health and Disability Services Complaints Office is an independent statutory authority providing an impartial resolution service for complaints relating to health or disability services provided in the State of Western Australia.
Phone: (08) 6551 7600 Website: https://www.hadsco.wa.gov.au/home/
Confidentiality and Privacy
Your medical record is a confidential document. It is the policy of this practice to maintain security of personal health information at all times and to ensure that this information is only available to authorised members of staff. Only information necessary to manage your healthcare and associated tasks will be collected. Your personal data is protected with full security and backups.